Friday nite I returned home with a cone of 8/2 size, 2-ply unmercerized cotton in celery... I caressed it as my mind thought of all the things it could become... and settled on something for the summer. I decided a cute bikini set would be perfect for when the heat becomes too unbearable. For the pattern I referred to Gayle Bunn's pattern in Family Circle Easy Knitting Magazine (Spring/Summer 2006). Now that its done... I'm thinking a sarong would really make it complete... so stay tuned.
On another note, I completed Lila... my daughter totally loves it. Initally we were undecided on the fastner. In my search for the final touch, I came across a plastic ring... and crocheted yarn around it... but quickly realized it wouldn't work... and abandoned it. So we then decided on buttons and unable to find what we wanted in my button stash... I headed on to the fabric store... and decided I would try a zipper. I get home all excited about the fastner and proceeded to put this project to rest... halfway through baste stitching the zipper to the sweater... I realized I purchased the wrong darn zipper... I needed a jacket zipper... and had to undo what I did. Determined to finish the sweater... I dug in my stash and came up with a jacket zipper but in the wrong color and 22" long. I needed to adjust the zipper length and tediously adjusted it to use on the sweater.... and after all was done.... Tadaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!