In other news... I did a bit of fabric shopping in the hopes of getting some sewing done this weekend and had the pleasure of getting my hands on several colors of cotton blend stripe seersucker fabric and New Look 6713 and Butterick 5941 patterns.but right now I'm sew clueless... I am working on a skirt, using New Look 6569- View B. The fabric choice is a brown cotton and a printed organza as an overlay. I have managed to baste stitch the side seams less 7" from the waist, in order to put in a zipper and the yoke. For the life of me I can't figure out how the darn yoke is suppose to be attached....so right now its just laying there... mind you I spent a good hour last nite trying to figure it out without success...ughhh.... and to think I want to move on to dresses and suits...we'll see....hehe... so I need to stop over at Pattern Review for their expertise.
Sheilaz Crochetz is bringing to you this week a review of my current wips... so grab that cup of frappacino... sit back and enjoy...hehe
Now that Zephyr is finished and shipped off... I resumed working on Tapia, which is worked up using 100% silk - 2/28 NM lace weight yarn. The bottom portion of the tank was worked up with 4 strands of yarn and now working the top part using 3 strands and by doing that its amazing how the stitch work takes on a different pattern. I'm sure I said it before... awesomely gorgeous yarn.. utterly smooth. This project is 3 weeks in the making and my plan for it was to do a cute tank using silk and cotton, but realized I'm really loving the way the silk is working up... so I had to order another cone from Colourmart so Tapia is currently on hold.
While Tapia is on hold I decided to get started on my niece's bikini set, using the yarn I purchased from Mimi, which is Anchor mercerized cotton thread. I also purchased some Aunt Lydia's Cotton thread and doubled the threads. Realizing that the weather in New York is not cooperating.. I opted out of doing a bikini set and veered to the left... hey to the left... to the left...hehe.. Beyonce's song....lol. Ok... back to the matter at hand... Well here is what I have so far....
Last but not least.... since I spend so much time commuting... I decided what better time to get my ideas on paper... so I've been sketchingggggggggg. I am not good at drawing... but I'm trying...
The deadline project is a vest, which is based on one of my flash back projects.. the Weekend Sweater done in September '06. The Weekend Sweater was done in Caron Simply Soft in the round, but decided to work the vest with Aunt Lydia's crochet thread - size 10 (doubled). I started the project off by doing bottom-up front panel up to the bust (switching between the black and white crochet thread creating the haphazard stripes).... and now I'm working the back, which I continued from the top and worked down the left side, that results in a vertical sc pattern, so with that I will seam just one side. Right now with it pinned up its about 17" long and a 29" circumference. I have about 3" left then I can move on to armhole shaping and hope to finish it this weekend. Working this project has my mind screaming to do a strapless mini dress along the same lines.... so stay tuned.