Figure flattering mock-wrap dress, easy wear pullover and machine washable.
I made a few changes, the pattern calls for ruching on the left side, instead of going with the instructions using a casing, I just used 1/4" clear elastic and lightly stretching for soft ruching.
Pattern: B4788 - straight or flared dress with mock-wrapped bodice with or without sleeves, Version A: ruching detail at left side and self bow. Version B: flounce and cord for belt
Fabric: printed stretch knit
This dress was made a for a friend and finished in just the nick of time. I called her yesterday to see how she was doing, only to find out that she would be leaving on vacation this Wednesday (I thought I had until Friday....oops), well this dress was completed in one day. Which is a rarity for me, it takes me several days to get a garment completed...lol.
Early in the month another fabric was intended for the pattern, but once I worked up the bodice, I realized it wasn't suitable and searched and searched for something that would work. Of course, when you are looking for that special fabric as the deadline approaches, there's nothing to be found, so I sifted through my stash and found this lovely printed knit. I emailed her the pic and she loved it.
What can I say about this dress..... wishing it was made for me...lol
The back of the dress mimics the front, which is a nice touch.
Also I omitted the sleeves and belt at the last minute, I called my friend and she decided she didn't want them (and whole heartily agreed, b/c it helped me finish the dress quicker). Lastly, the back skirt calls for a center back seam and instead I cut the fabric on the fold. I didn't understand the objective for a center back seam and honestly think the fullness of the skirt gives it such a nice drape.Caution!! each part for the bodice is single cut and what saved me was marking each piece. Without the markings I could've envisioned the bodice in a twisted mess.
I used triple stretch stitch for the entire dress (let me tell you DON'T make the mistake of needing to rip out any stitching, it was total horror and thank goodness it wasn't a lot, but a PITA all the same.) I finished the seams using my pinking shears. For the neckline I used 1/4" clear elastic and for the sleeve and hem, I used the zigzag stitch for overcasting and folded the fabric to the inside and did a final stitch, it worked like a charm.
What remains is patiently awaiting a pic of her wearing the dress....lol