For the bodice I underlined it with the fashion fabric and since the skirt circumference was totally off due to removing 5” of fabric, I did a little gathering at the bottom of the bodice to compensate for it. I experienced some gapping at the neckline and decided to use ¾” elastic instead, which omitted the use of a zipper. So instead of stepping into my dress, I will be pulling it over my head, which works just as good.
The bottom was serged and folded to the underside and final stitched.
Once all was completed, I tried it on and was somewhat feeling that it looked too much like a mu-mu, but once I put it on with heels, it look more presentable, will try to make a necklace to pair with it.
Will definitely make more and will try it in a knit as well for a more drapey look. As always while browsing at The Loft, there are several dresses along the same line and can see making short ones too for wearing at the office paired with a blazer or cardigan. All in all I can see getting great mileage out of this pattern.