Week In Review
I have a new toy, which I purchased via Ebay.... a Ball Winder.....loving it.... I'll say it again... looooving it. It is so utilitarian. For some time I'd often carry around a large tote to accomodate my crochet projects... more so for the yarn, especially when working 2 yarns. Now, with the Ball Winder, I can twist up several strands of yarn and have one large ball or a few small ones, instead of lugging around 2 ziplock bags with bulky skeins. This week my arms got a total workout... I twisted up multiple strands of yarn into convenient cupcakes... sooo cute. Also I purchased some silk yarn, which was packaged into cones... and immediately knew the Ball Winder was worth it.
I received numerous emails on Lila regarding the zipper and wanted to share with you a close-up of the sweater on the wrong side. You will notice white strips of bias tape, which I used as a stabilizer and also as a guide for placing the zipper. I used iron-on hem tape to affix the bias tape to the sweater and then baste stitched the zipper onto the sweater, only to realize I purchased a close-end zipper, and needed a jacket zipper instead. Refusing to go back to the fabric store I searched my stash and found a black jacket zipper, which was too long and tweaked the length for the sweater. So I removed the wrong zipper and attempted to remove the bias tape and quickly realized it was not feasible and proceeded with using the jacket zipper (hence the sloppy alignment). Once all was in position, I sewed the jacket zipper in place with my sewing machine. I must say I learned a valuable lesson working with bias tape and zippers... and look forward to creating more projects using zippers, but will definitely have all the right paraphernalia before going full speed ahead...lol.
Crochet Today (Feb/March 07) issue has a beautiful Vest on the cover... Savvy Sweater Vest. Totally diggin it and thinking I must add to my To Do List.... have some Aunt Lydia's size 10 crochet thread in black and white and... twisted up several strands with my new toy...hehe.. and thinking it would be perfect for this project. OmGoodness.... this tank is totally awesome... its an advertisement pic for Nashua Handknits, featured in Interweave Crochet (Spring 07) issue. I recently received my 100% silk lace weight yarn, called tapestry green, I've twisted up several strands and contemplating if it would work for this project... so I need to continue twisting up the rest of the yarn and do some sketching to figure out how to work up this project.
I started working up the wrap skirt for the Bikini set (a/k/a Sasha) when I should've been working on the lining for the bikini... but thats me... all over the place. I had a couple of balls left of the 8/2 100% Cotton yarn and went to work on the skirt. I initially worked the skirt in 2 pieces front and back and then seamed it together. I usually do skirts in the round but opted to try something different... and like the way its coming together. Now I'm just working it from left to right until desired length... I haven't decided if I am going to do ties are a large button for the closure... so stay tuned.