Pink Dots - Oh My!!
I’ve started another sewing project, which is a pink dot motif on a solid brown background, the fabric is polyester and I purchased 3 yards at $1.00/yd. I can’t recall owning any garments with polka dots and really surprised myself when I plucked it up. I do recall a lot of polka dot going-on for the summer/spring… so maybe that could be it. Since I’ve completed my microfiber pant, I thought it would be cool to pair with the polka dot fabric. I’m using New Look 6515 pattern, Version B, which is a cross-over bodice blouse with bell sleeves and back ties. I cut the pattern for a size 16, but after baste stitching and trying it on- the top was too big, so I took off 2” in the back and decided the zipper and back ties would not be necessary. I initially thought about taking an 1” from each side seam, but was concerned about the armscye. I managed to get one sleeve done and a lil concerned in that the sleeve has large diagonal draglines from the shoulder to the upper arm, which leads me to believe the sleeve is too big… *sigh*. This evening I hope to tackle it by putting in the second sleeve to make sure that I’m not imagining the large diagonal draglines…lol