Butterick 5954 & Butterick 6065 V.2
I am still in a tunic state of mind and with New York's biting cold temps, tunics are playing major ball in my casual Friday wardrobe. My latest make is a tunic using two patterns (Butterick 5954 & Butterick 6065) that I morphed last summer.
Butterick 5954: Close fitting & flared pullover tunic with front variations, shaped hemline. Versions C and D has a collar.
Butterick 6065: Misses jacket, top, dress, skirt & pants. Fitted pullover top is close fitting through bust. Versions A, B & C wrong side shows on shaped hemline.
For V.2 I used a teal waffle textured fleece knit with one-way stretch. It has a tight textured knit on one side and brushed fleece on the other side. I'd purchased several cuts at Fulton Fabrics last year and used a few cuts to make robes for gift giving and really like the plushness of the fabric, ease of sewing and that there wasn't a fusillade of fuzz balls while handling.
Although the fabric has one-way stretch, I played it safe and added 1/4" to front & back pattern pieces. However, ended up removing give or take 1/4" from the back center seam. All the seams were serged and stitched down the seam allowances.
For the neckline, I basted the overlapping fronts, folded to the wrong side and final stitched. As for the shaped hemline, I made lil cuts at the curvature and used steam-a-seam to anchor down the fold and final stitched. The sleeve hems were just folded to the inside and final stitched as well. Although the fabric is plush, its not super bulky, but will say the seams were a tad bulky. To solve that, after final stitching the neckline, hemline & sleeves, with a press cloth I ironed, then placed my clapper and it worked.
It worked perfectly for the hemline & sleeve hems, as for the neckline ...mmm... not so perfect. The back neckline suffered gaposis and guessing I was a lil too dayummm happy with ironing down the bulky seam.
THANKS TO DEBBIE @ STITCHES & SEAMS ...
...I was able to remedy the problem with Debbie's Awesome Gaposis Fix. Threaded my needle with elastic thread and snaked the thread starting at one shoulder seam and continuing on to the next shoulder seam, adjusted as needed, tied off the ends, and I was in the land of sewing paradise.... lol
DEBBIE YOU ROCK! ! !
Everyone Have a Great Week.